There are a number of different reasons why a traveler may wish to visit the United States temporarily. Below you will find information about the non-immigrant visa categories most commonly requested from the U.S. Embassy in Tallinn. If you do not find information about the category that best describes your proposed trip, or need additional information, please contact us.
- Business/Tourism Visa (type B1/B2) (note that “business” includes business meetings, attending a conference or seminar, etc., but does not allow a traveler to take up employment in the United States). Some travelers who wish to visit the United States for business or tourist purposes can travel visa free under the Visa Waiver Program. You can find out if you are eligible to travel visa free by using our Visa Waiver Wizard.
- Crew Visa (type C1/D)
- Student Visa (types F or M)
- Exchange/Visitor Visa (type J), including the au pair program and the Summer Work/Travel Program
- Work Visa (types H1B, L or E1/E2)
- Foreign Media Representative Visa (type I)
- Transit Visa (type C1)
If you wish to apply for a non-immigrant visa at the U.S. Embassy in Tallinn, please read our information on application procedures. Other questions relating to non-immigrant visas, including questions relating to travelers who already have a valid visa, or who previously have been denied a visa, are available in our Frequently Asked Questions page.